Forest Hill Lodge opened its doors in the 1920's and was originally known as the Burleigh Falls Fishing Club. It catered to parties of male fishermen mainly from Cleveland, Ohio. Accommodation was in tents with wooden plank floors.
Over the years the tents were replaced by cabins. Men began bringing their wives and families. A large frame Lodge with Dining-Room, Kitchen, Lounge with fireplace and Card-room was built.
Catch and release was unheard of back in the early days before Licences and limits were introduced.